Before I get into the logistics of this recipe let it be known I loathe baking.
Me and cooking, best buds.
Me and baking, frenemies....leaning heavily on the enemies side.
Cooking allows me to work freely without worrying about measurements, and if you "mess up"your recipe, you can just add a little more of a certain ingredient and all is good.
Baking takes focus and patience, two things I lack but for the sake of gracing you guys with an awesome cookie recipe for the upcoming holidays...I baked.
And it was epic.
In case you can't see what the box says, let me give you a better view
Helps block Cholesterol AND has Omega-3s!?
This makes me feel better about eating a
cookie few cookies.
PS- Smart Balance = Gluten Free!
How cute are my measuring cups?
I picked them up in the dollar spot of Target in February, they make cooking/baking more fun.
Note to self[and Eddie] Remember to put a Kitchen Aid on the wedding registry.
I don't think we can live without one.
I wonder if he'll let me pick a pink one?
BEST part of baking is the salmonella!
But licking the spoon or paddle is my favorite part.
I could have easily cut these in half and had more cookies in the end, however I like my cookies big so I opted not too.
Everything's bigger in NY!
- 1 stick of Smart Balance Butter
- 1 cup Smart Balance peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar [I used truvia]
- 1 cup whole wheat flour [or any of your choice]
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup peanut butter chips [I used Reese's]
- 1/8 cup toffee chips [I used Heath]
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a bowl combine egg, vanilla, baking soda,both sugars and peanut butter.
- Mix well
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add flour
- Mix well
- Add toffee and peanut butter chips
- Place on baking sheet, the size of your cookies is up to you
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown
- Eat them all, don't even share
There you have it. My epic baking skills.
This was a one time deal kids.
Every other time I have baked it has been a disaster.
Maybe the world is ending after all.
NOT BEFORE CHRISTMAS PLEASE!!
Speaking of Christmas, Smart Balance has a new interactive holiday app on Facebook that I suggest you go check out while eating these cookies....they may have cracked the code on helping Santa lose those extra pounds ;)
Disclaimer: FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own